Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Set the Scene: Halloween Mantle




 I have a love/hate relationship with Halloween. I hate the scary, the bloody, the icky parts of it. I love the sugar, the dress up, and of course the decorating! So, I am greeting October 1st with a Halloween mantle, dressed up in some vintage, and vintage look goodness. What do you think?


My friend Carly and I had a fun Inspiration day a while back and ended up at the very inspiring store Common Folk where I picked up these amazing crepe paper globes. I am in love. It's not always easy to fill this massive mantle and these did the trick.
Round it out with some fun vintage items that I keep in my prop closet (yes, I have one of those, don't you?) and voila! We are ready for Halloween! The multi-colored garland is a fun DIY that I will share soon! Happy October!

2 comments: