Friday, October 18, 2013

Make It: Floral Headpiece


Have you heard Lana Del Rey's Summertime Sadness? My oldest daughter is a fan, and though I tried to hold out since I think she is a bit  annoying I find it playing in my head now and again. And especially now that summer is officially over, and we are fully into Fall.  Don't get me wrong, I love Fall. But I am one of those people that needs the sun. I tend to be found on the couch in my jambes, covered in a blanket, engrossed in a book. All the time. So I have to force myself to do stuff. 

So what better thing to do than make floral headpieces? It's appropriate if one of my girls wants to wear it for Halloween. And it was so easy we couldn't believe it! We just gathered our supplies. 


We used covered florist wire, wire cutters, a glue gun, and fake flowers. I found a gold mine of flowers at the thrift store which gave us a lot to work with. 


Then it was just cutting the heads off the flowers after measuring the wire to our heads and gluing them tightly to the frame.  We based it on a tutorial found on Inspired to Share. Once we let the hot glue dry we were in business! 


Here is Kate doing her serious Lana Del Ray impression. 


Here is Sam in her sweet little daisy wreath. 



And the whole thing led to a lot of this. Which is good for the soul. So if you come to the house don't be surprised if you come around the corner and find me in my floral headpiece singing Lana Del Ray. I'm just having a moment mourning summer. But I'll be okay. Soon the girls and I will be doing another craft or baking, giggling along the way. 



No comments:

Post a Comment