Monday, January 2, 2017

Deep Thoughts: Wellness Goal #1 Ginger Shots


Are you a resolution maker? I'm not, and have never been. But, I don't have any issue with goals and have been thinking it would be helpful to set some. I read an online article on Darling Magazines website and it really stuck with me. How to Tell if You're Content or Complacent gave me the kick in the pants i needed (and of course the time is prime!) Following is the first of many of my Wellness Goals to start out the year. There will be other lists, some more frivolous than others! Let's get started:

The prep

Ginger Shots  This is something that we as a family have already started. There is so much sickness going around and an easy way to combat it in a natural way! It gives you a boost of vitamin C while feeling naturally warming. We have been heading to Electric Beet Juice Co. in town for quick shots of it. And at work we have been doing them with ginger oil and freshly squeezed juice that we've been keeping in the fridge so we can belly up to the bar at any time! 

Shots! Shots! Shots! 

For prep for about a week of numerous shots I juiced up six lemons and jarred the juice to refrigerate. You can prep ginger with a juicer, or if you would like you can use ginger oil like we did! Super easy. A little sweetening with honey or maple syrup, a topping of cayenne pepper and you are good to go! We used about a tablespoon and a half of lemon juice per shot, about 4-6 drops of oil, and sweetener and pepper to taste. 

Sandy & D'ann drinking them down! 

My favorite part may be the burn. Or the reaction of my family & friends when we do them together. It's actually refreshing. And knock on wood, this ugly sickness that has been going around has skipped us by. I don't know if we can attribute it to this, but I'm happy to have it in the arsenal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment