Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Cookies & Coffee

When my ahem, 50th birthday started staring me in the face I contemplated throwing myself a party. I had done it for my 40th, and it was one of the funnest things ever. The planning was part of the fun for this girl! Planning just what things would surprise, excite and help bring my different friend groups together. So, with some encouragement from my husband (who is so much happier to have the pressure off him!) it was decided to go for it!

When I start party planning there is usually something that I feel will be the "thing." The thing that all other ideas will play off of, and will bring the "kapow!" This year I decided it would be having the party catered by Jenna Kincaid of The Sweet Petite. First because her cookies are amazing, second she is hysterical! Getting to have what she calls "the Whip" here was an extra show stopper! 



Next it was a general theme. My favorite thing besides cookies right now is of course coffee. So it was set. Boozy coffees, cookies, some lovely fragrant Tattly tattoos as party favors and an instax camera ready to capture the fun. 



Jenna asked if there was flavor that I would like to have in a cookie and what came to mind was chocolate chip mint. She made it happen and it was a hit! All that was left was to cut into the cake! 

And socialize and eat lots of cookies. One big, lovely difference that I noticed between this year and my 40th was that everyone mixed this year. Having friends from all the different areas of your life mingling is something really special. I really just wanted an excuse to have a bunch of women get together and have a chance to have some really wonderful conversations and that happened. 



Steve was the only guy there and it was the best having him by my side. And he tolerated the conversation and the turns they took well!  So, this turning another year old wasn't the worst thing ever! 

4 comments:

  1. Love! Your 40th is one of my all time favorite parties EVER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the sweetest thing ever, thank you! And that was a hysterical party, wasn't it!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for putting on such a wonderful party!... I love your mix of friends & loved getting out of my comfort zone to meet so many of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so special having you here! And having friends mix it up was my favorite gift!

      Delete