Monday, March 19, 2018

Deep Thoughts: Getting Out of Your Comfort Zone




Today I did something that may seem unremarkable to some, but to me it felt like a big step. I stepped out of my comfort zone and went mountain biking. I believe the last time I went was before Steve & I were married and let's just say it didn't go well. There was lot's of mud and crashing and lots and lots of swearing. All of it me. I think I even threw the bike at him at one point. I decided then and there that it wasn't my thing and never looked back. 



Mountain biking is a huge part of Steve's life. Our daughters love it too. We live in a wonderful area full of trails. Steve is always great about taking part in the things I love. He's been wanting me to join them for a while. So I decided I would go for it. 



Today we decided to take an easy ride on the Interurban Trail to Larabee State park. It was about a six mile ride all around. We found an spot on the trail with a view to have a quick bite to eat before heading back. What is it about eating outside that makes food taste better?




 The views were gorgeous from the bike. There were small waterfalls, views of the bay from the trail, and the smell of campfires in the air. It really is a wonderful way to experience the area. Watching Steve enjoying the thing he loves is pretty special too. 



Hanging out with the two of them on bikes was really fun. I don't know if I would make it a regular thing, but I'm not as scared of it anymore. I would definitely do it again and try an even longer ride. 



Pushing myself out of my comfort zone gave me some special time with Steve and Sam I would have missed. I feel proud for something again that used to really scare me. I'm trying to make sure that I don't miss out on anything. Life feels too short. And this is a start. 
SaveSave

2 comments: