We were inspired to try our hand at at making these slides when we each found a pair of plain ones while thrift shopping. Once we had those, the rest was easy. Samantha went with a furry, bright material. I decided to use a strip of boa material. Both were easy to find at craft/sewing stores in the area and cost less than $4 (coupons were easy to find and helped).
|Prepping the materials|
The lengths of boa have pieces of string on both ends that I cut off before starting to apply to the shoe. We used a glue gun to apply both our materials.
|Sam gluing her fabric down|
We worked slowly on the glueing down. Sam worked from one side to the other, while I started with a strip on the top and worked toward the toe.
|Gluing in process|
Though the slides I have had holes the glue didn't make too much of a mess. It was just a matter of letting one strip dry before starting on the next.
|One shoe finished|
|The finished fun!|