Monday, May 14, 2018

Deep Thoughts: Mother's Day Thoughts


Today is Mother's Day and I have enjoyed breakfast in bed, gifts and cards from our girls, a picnic, some thrifting and a relaxing lovely day. Now I am here feeling thoughtful and grateful. 

This year has been full of loss and heartache for friends I am close to. My own relationship with my mother is strained, making Mother's day feel a bit complicated. All this is a constant reminder that Mother's Day isn't all sunshine and flowers for all women. 

This is a love letter to all women. That support one another. That are mourning a loss. That are hoping this will one day be a day to celebrate in the future. We mourn together. We celebrate together. And we hold one another up. 

This motherhood thing is not easy. It's something I would never survive without my friends. They are many and they are varied. Some are mothers, and some are not. All are special to me. Today I celebrate my women friends. Both mothers and otherwise. Cheers to them. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment