Monday, February 5, 2018

Deep Thoughts: The Month of Love

Are you as relieved as I am that January is over? I wasn't sure if I would make it! There is something about the let down after the Holidays and the constant grey that can be the PNW in the wintertime. I'm thinking it may be time to invest in a happy light to get an extra boost. In the meantime I am so happy it is February so that I can distract myself with loving on the people I care about!


The first thing I do when February rolls around is get out some minor decorations. This might not be your typical decor, but it makes us all laugh and that's something we are all about this time of year! It distracts us from the weather, work and school. A sense of humor is what gets us out of bed on the daily! 


Another thing that I start to think about is some treats for our girls. Now that they are older the things I pick may change though there is usually a novelty item in there for the family. I can't say too much to ruin the surprise, but it's so much fun to think about what would make them smile. I can say Kate is really into cooking, and Samantha is all about experimenting with make up so their gifts will probably reflect that. We will have a family dinner with Sam that will include some type of fondue.  And of course chocolate.


There are also some "galentine" plans in the works. It's the perfect time of year to spoil friends and co-workers with small treats or snacks. Again I can't say too much, but I find the planning part of the fun. It gives me something to look forward to and just look at these cute plates I picked up at Spruce! They scream girlfriends don't they? 


Another thing I will be busy with is sending some happy mail. I have had some friends reach out to me recently with sweet texts or calls and it's meant more to me than I can even say. Somehow they have come at just the right time. I'm hoping to return the favor with some sweet mail that will go out with these gorgeous stamps designed by Anna Rifle. It's a lovely detail that makes things a bit more special. 

I know many get down on Valentines as a goofy holiday, putting pressure on those that aren't in relationships, and those that are. I find it's a good time to let those around me know how much they mean to me. And hey, there's nothing wrong with chocolates! 

How do you feel about Valentines? Do you love it? Hate it? Do you have any fun ways of celebrating it? Please share.  And I wish you love and chocolates! 

No comments:

Post a Comment