Monday, August 7, 2017

Guest Blogger: Sam on how to Support Your Senior

I'm recovering from a crazy adventure that I will be sharing soon. In the meantime I asked our daughter Sam to do a guest blog post. It was a stretch coming up with a topic that would be interesting for her to write, and meaningful for you guys to read. This is what we came up with! Hope you enjoy! 



Hello y'all! It's your girl Sam here to guest blog...You may have seen me in many previous blog posts but you have yet to hear my voice. So here's a little bit of what I've got to say for you all! We came up with five things we thought would be helpful in this coming senior year. So here we go! 

1. Let's talk curfew and freedom:  

First of all, let's start taking baby steps into the freedom I will be surrounded by when I leave. I understand the need for a curfew and the reasons for it. I'm hoping we can extend it, or include a little more leniency with it. Doesn't it makes sense for me to get used to these freedoms now, knowing there is still a safety net? 


2. Don't be melodramatic

I know that next year is going to be a lot of "lasts" for all of us. I for sure know this, it's in my mind that a lot is going to be changing. I don't need to reminding me. I'm already feeling stressed as it is, without you poking at me. Capture the moments, take the pictures, but lets all enjoy the moments and be present in them. 

3. Be a support when asked

I am not very good at asking for help. When I do ask you, again please don't be melodramatic. Just be there for me. It's a learning curve for all of us. I'm just as new to this as you guys are. Let's communicate clearly what expectations are, and who is dealing with what. 


4. Validate meeeeee!

I'm still shaky on a lot of decisions, so I need even the silliest of my suggestions to be given some weight. Please help me process things out loud. Some thoughts might sound wild, but lets not rule anything out. There is a lot for me to figure out right now, and I need you to inspire a little confidence in my decision making! 

5. Not all work! Some play! 

There is going to be a lot of things coming at me this year! Let me not forget to breathe a little bit. Let's make sure to have fun in the midst of all the big decision making. Help me take a step back when I'm obviously overwhelmed! 




No comments:

Post a Comment