1. Self care. This can be anything from a bath, to a few hours of reading. To trying some crazy new beauty treatment. And if it's silly, that can be a great mood lifter, and a beautifier in one!
|Boston on the trail|
2. Get outside. Many times I don't want to go outside, but after a few minutes on a walk with our pooch, I feel so much better. A few deep breaths of fresh air, some time out on the trails and my mood is adjusted for the better.
3. Wallow. Some days when I'm feeling blue I decide to just go with it. I find a sad movie sure to bring on tears, grab a blanket and my dog and just allow myself to be sad. After a few hours of it, I usually feel ready to get myself back together.
|An out of breath me between rounds on the rink!|
4. Play. Recently we went roller skating. The idea of doing something from our youth compelled us to try it, and it was so worth it! We had so much fun, chasing one another around the rink, trying not to fall and remembering what it felt like to be teenagers! It was a really fun night!
5. Explore. Anytime I get out and about and explore a new to me area, new restaurant, or local museum I usually find myself feeling inspired and wanting to share with friends my new discoveries. Forcing myself to get out is usually the last thing I want, but the best thing for me!
How do you take care of yourself? Any tips you'd like to share? I'm highly appreciative for any tools to fight the blues!