Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Deep Thoughts: Take the Plunge


Life is either a Daring Adventure or Nothing at All 
 -Helen Keller

 This has always been a favorite quote, but one I haven't thought of in an applicable way. 
Then I had my boss/friend/mentor encourage me in something that is way out of my comfort zone. And it wasn't easy. But it was truly rewarding. And I thought to myself, yes! This is the person I want to be. The person who steps out, who tries new things, who doesn't say no right away, but thinks yes! 

Then my husband made an announcement that made me wonder who asked for this much adventure? Clearly not me! But though my first thought was that maybe I am too old for this, my next was why not? Why not mix things up, make a change, and make sure we are all truly happy and living life to the fullest. 

I am not saying the journey will be easy. I am not saying it will be without it's bumps, bruises, and I am sure occasionally bad feelings. But am putting this out there as my vow that I intend to approach it with an attitude of adventure. Because really, why not? 

No comments:

Post a Comment